Unit 5: Türkiye’de Kültürel Çeşitlilik
At the end of the unit, students will be able to
- talk about UNESCO World Cultural Heritage Sites in Türkiye
- discuss cultural practices of making a wish in Türkiye and compare those with practices observed in the U.S.A.
- talk about religious sites that are visited by people of different ethnic and religious backgrounds.
- plan a trip to a religious site
- combine sentences using subject relative clauses
- describe people and places using subject relative clauses
- identify rituals and practices done on Hıdırellez
- compare Hıdırellez with Spring celebrations in the U.S.A and elsewhere
- talk about people of various ethnic and religious backgrounds in Türkiye
- discuss how cultural diversity manifests itself in Türkiye and compare this with other countries
- discuss the advantages of cultural diversity in Türkiye
- write about their experiences gained a cultural exchange program to Türkiye
- write about the importance of study exchange programs in schools